A Brief History Of Bang
Bang was established in 2007 by husband and wife team, Jonathan and Sarah Cotton, in a small corner shop premises on the outskirts of York centre. Over the past 6 years, Bang has gained regional and national recognition as a multi award winning salon and occupies a premium position on the designer street of Low Petergate, in the heart of York city centre.
Their artistic team has matured and grown under the guidance of Sarah’s wealth of expertise in advanced hairdressing education, training up some of Yorkshire’s finest salon and session stylists.
Jonathan controls the image of the brand and his background in fashion photography and design reflects the creative vibe of the salon floor and projects such as the ‘Bang Magazine’, ‘BangTV’ and the ‘Collection Gallery’ give a vehicle for this passionate team to showcase their talents and trend visions to a wide audience.
Some things to shout aboutâ€¦
- 2007 â€¢ Official Hairdresser to Miss England 2007/08
- 2009 â€¢ North East Finalist – L’OrÃ©al Professionnel Young Colourist Award
- 2010 â€¢ L’OrÃ©al Professionnel I.D. Artist Salon 2010/11
- 2011 â€¢ North East Finalist – L’OrÃ©al Professionnel Men’s Image Award
- 2011 â€¢ North East WINNER & UK Grand Finalist – L’OrÃ©al ProfessionnelÂ Colour Trophy
- 2011 â€¢ WINNER – L’OrÃ©al Professionnel Young Colourist Award
- 2012 â€¢ North East Finalist – L’OrÃ©al Professionnel Colour Trophy
- 2012 â€¢ North East WINNER & UK Grand Finalist -Â L’OrÃ©al Professionnel Men’s Image Award
- 2012 â€¢ British Hairdressing Business Awards UK Finalist – Salon Team Of The Year
- 2013 â€¢Â North East Finalist – L’OrÃ©al Professionnel Colour Trophy & Men’s Image Award
- 2013 â€¢ Northern Finalist – Wella Trendvision Young Talent Award